Definitions and Interpretation
Data: Collectively, all information that we collect or that you provide to SootMC via our Store, Website or Server. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
Data Protection Laws: Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, iuncluding but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation.
GDPR: The UK General Data Protection Regulation.
SootMC, We or Us: SootMC, the owners and providers of this Server, Store and Website.
User, Player or You: Any third party individual that accesses our Server, Store or Website and is not either, a member of the SootMC staff team and acting on behalf of the team or engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing external services to SootMC.
Services: Any service directly connected to SootMC such as our Minecraft server: play.sootmc.net, our Store: store.sootmc.net, or our Website: https://sootmc.net, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
3. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, JoshTheDog is our representative of our “data controller”. This means that Ryankayz determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. Minecraft UUID;
c. Discord User ID;
d. Message content;
e. Infractions such as bans, mutes and warnings;
f. Contact information such as email addresses;
g. IP address (automatically collected);
h. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
i. Operating system (automatically collected);
j. Timezone (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
5. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. Data is given to us by you;
b. Data is collected automatically
Data given to us by you
6. SootMC will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. When you contact us through our services, sootmail, email or by through any other means;
b. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our in-game products;
c. When you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
d. When you enter any competitions or promotions through a social media channel;
e. When you make payments to us, through our Store or other means;
f. When you elect to receive newsletters or other marketing communications from us;
g. When you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
7. To the extent that you access our services, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. We automatically collect some information about your visit to our services. This information helps us to make improvements to our content and navigation, and includes your IP address, UUIDs, discord IDs, the date, times and frequency with which you access any of our services and the way you use and interact with their content.
Keeping Data secure
8. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. We store your Data on secure servers.
c. Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or a green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology).
9. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting our representative of our data collecter via this email [email protected]
11. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
12. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your data - the right to prevent us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
13. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please let us know immediately by contacting our representative for our data collecter via this email [email protected]
14. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority.
15. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
19. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
20. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of the United States. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States courts.